Group work and indivdual essays
Form of assessment Weight Marks
Group work 1/2 Passed / Not Passed
Indivdual essays 1/2 Passed / Not Passed
Mock grant application text and 5-minute bid pitch as well as submission of group review of a chosen set of mandatory and recommended course texts (50%; group work);
and individual reflective essays of 1,500 words each both pre- and post-course set to different templates (50%).
Both elements will be marked as Pass/Fail.
Corresponding to the methods of work above, each candidate will allocate the following time towards these mandatory course activities and deliverables for credits:
- 37 hours - pre-course time allocation for mandatory readings (1,095 pages)
- 20 hours - pre-course preparation of 1,500 word description of own PhD project using a template adapted to the double diamong and design thinking
- 37 hours - participation in week-long course (5 full working days)
- 25 hours - group work to write a 3,000 word joint review essay engaging with 6-8 of the mandatory and recommended course texts due two weeks after the course
- 25 hours - post-course submission of a critically reflective 1,500 word essay on the concept of design thinking based on the course literature in relation to own PhD project, due one month after course conclusion to earn the credits.
Questions about the content:
Professor Rune Todnem By : firstname.lastname@example.org